All American Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
- 5.25 ounces all purpose flour (1 ¼ cups)
- 1 Tbl sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg separated
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- Whisk flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg yolks, buttermilk, and milk together. Add the melted butter and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the yolk and milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir until barely combined. Add the egg whites and stir just until a thick batter is formed. Set aside for five minutes.
- Heat frying pan with a small amount of neutral vegetable oil or clarified butter. When hot add large spoonful of batter to form pancakes. When bubble form on the edges and don’t immediately fill in turn pancakes over. They should be a deep golden brown. Fry for another minute or two. Remove from pan and enjoy.